Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Light - My Journey. . .

Be Still My Soul ~ Arrangement by D. Sidel
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

n early March, I watched a movie entitled, "The Lucky One," which was based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks.  Some may say it was a "chick flick" movie; however, from my perspective, little did I know how much of an impact its opening dialogue would have on my life:

"The smallest thing can change your life in a blink of an eye, something happens by chance, sets you on a course you never planned, into a future you could never have imagined. Where it will take you, that is a journey of our lives, our search for the light. But sometimes finding the light means passing through the deepest darkness."  
Excerpt from "The Lucky One" ~ Nicholas Sparks

In less than four weeks from watching that movie, I would be diagnosed with breast cancer. Consequently, my present life as I know it, my health as I once knew it, and my future journey of life have and will be changing beyond what I could ever have imagined.

What I do know and believe, however, is what I read in Psalm 27:1 that "God is my light and my salvation...The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom (or in my case, of what) will I be afraid?"

For I know through my weaknesses, God will give me the strength to endure what may lie ahead these coming weeks and months. Have I shed tears? Yes! Have I been scared? Yes! Have I been sad? Yes! But, I also know that if I let my faith overcome my tears, my fears and my sadness, God will turn my worries into worship!

And so, I invite you to follow my journey of faith, hope and inspiration over these coming weeks and months ahead.  For I know that if I "Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, He shall strengthen my heart" (Psalm 27:14), in the still moments of my life!  






"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10) 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Good morning Lovely Lady! I just wanted to go back and read your other devotionals as to not miss the blessings they have and I am so glad I did. I will gladly follow you on your faith journey! I have listened to some of Nicholas Sparks books on CD..and have enjoyed them! Going forward....God has allowed bountiful worship to come from your heart, your mind, your words and your love! Praise be to HIM! What a joy it is walking prayerfully along side you Bonita!
    Hugs and love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy for your love and support! Also wanted to invite you to possibly write to me via your email to mine at: stevensonbe.0242@gmail.com, which would be so nice rather than writing via the comment section of my blog. Have a blessed day! Bonita

      Delete