Monday, November 25, 2013

Broken Dreams. . .

People Need The Lord  ~ Arrangement by Ray Boltz
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

As I walk through the Cancer Clinic, I see a sea of people from all walks of life, young and old, both men and women, some happy, some sad, some chatty, some quiet, but who, just like me, report to the registration desk and then have a seat in the waiting area until they are called for their next round of cancer treatment.  As I wait to be called for my next treatment, I sometimes wonder if, like me, they wonder, “If I wake up will this only have been a dream?” But “no” this is my reality, as is theirs, which we are all going through. As I look around, I see people passing by one another with their own cares, their own private pain and fears, while laughter hides their silent cries with perhaps broken dreams of yesterdays or tomorrows. Oh, if only things could be different. If only, we could turn back the hands of time. If only. . .  

Sadly, broken dreams are part of life that we all experience at one time or another.  As painful as broken dreams may be, however, rather than seeing a broken dream as an ending, I choose to see it as a new beginning.  For I know that God, in whom I trust, has a far better “plan” for my life than I could ever dream. It is a time to look up rather than give up.  It is a time when I draw nearer to God rather than become distant.  When disappointments and broken dreams come, as they most certainly will throughout life, I cling to such verses that remind me:
  • Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12)
  • But He knows the way I take, when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold.” (Job 23:10)       
  • Trust in the Lord with all my heart, and lean not unto my own understanding. In all my ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct my paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
  • Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen my heart; Yes, wait on the Lord.” (Psalm 27:14)
For I have learned although this chapter in my life has been painful, this too shall pass.  As I walk by faith with God’s grace, I will become a better and stronger person. For I know I have not travelled down this path of broken dreams alone, but God is always with me and walking me “through” this valley.  If my desire is to be an encouragement and inspiration to others, how can I empathize with others who suffer, if I have not suffered?  It is my sincere prayer, if you are suffering from broken dreams that you too will know the love of God, and know with God nothing is impossible if you put your trust in Him.


I Trust In Thee
Though pain and sorrow came my way
And the tears began to flow,
I cried, "Dear Lord, I trust in Thee,"
While my faith began to grow.
~ By Bonita ~   

Lord, help me to remember that your love is greater
than any of life’s disappointments
and your plans for my life are
far greater than my dreams could ever imagine.” 
~ By Bonita ~
      

No comments:

Post a Comment