Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It's All About H.I.M. . .

The Mission/How Great Thou Art ~ Arrangement by The Piano Guys
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

Regardless of how old we are or who we are, we are ALL storytellers. From the moment we take our first breath until our very last, with each "new morning" God grants us, our life’s story is being written in the Book of Life.  Along the way, there may be some chapters in our lives that are more significant than others, which we may remember more passionately.  Nevertheless, each of us is the author to our very own “special” biography to share with others; custom-made by God’s design. 

Recently, I was asked why I felt the need to write. Due to this past year's health scare and life-changing event in my life, without hesitation, I knew exactly why. It is definitely not for self-importance.  However, it is all about ~ Hope InspirationMotivation.  In other words, it’s all about H.I.M.  It is my heartfelt passion to encourage others during their life’s journey when facing their mountains or unexpected detours in life. Although this past year has appeared to put my life in a mess, with God’s compassion, grace and guidance, it is my devout mission to turn my life’s mess into a “message,” rather than wallowing in my own fears and tears. I am, therefore, inspired, more than ever, to give H.I.M. to others, who may be hurting while their life feels like it may be crumbling all around them.  It is only by the divine power of God and seeking His will for my life that I am an instrument writing these messages of H.I.M.

As we begin to read the first two and a half chapters of Lamentations, we, like Jeremiah, may feel afraid, alone, discouraged and in despair. However, as we read further into Chapter 3, we see that rather than Jeremiah concentrating on his own troubles, he begins to seek and trust God. Hence, he begins to experience God’s "compassion" and "great faithfulness".  He also learns to “quietly wait” (patiently) for God’s deliverance for hope, inspiration and motivation. As a result, Jeremiah then begins to share H.I.M. with others.  
  
• Hope – “The Lord is my portion; therefore, I will hope in Him.” (Lamentations 3:24)
• Inspiration – “Because of the Lord’s great love, we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning, great is Thy faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23) 
• MotivationThe Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.” (Lamentations 3:25-26)

It is, therefore, by the school of life's lessons of Jeremiah that we, too, can experience God’s unwavering love, great faithfulness and never-ending mercies cascade into our lives when we seek and trust Him. For I have learned that I will never walk alone, while the chapters of my life continue to be written, and as I continue writing all about H.I.M.  I sincerely pray that you will experience H.I.M. in your life too!    

The past is a source of knowledge, 
and the future is a source of hope. 
Love of the past implies faith in the future.”
~ Stephen Ambrose ~





No comments:

Post a Comment