Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Peace Under Pressure. . .

Heart of the Forest ~ Arrangement by Dan Gibson (Solitudes)
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)
  
It is hard to believe that only a year ago, on this very day, I would be given the diagnosis of breast cancer! It is a moment I will never forget for as long as I live.  Yet, from that very moment I can truly say that I have had peace under pressure.  However, it most certainly has not been of my own doing, but rather through much prayer and soul searching, as well as trusting and believing in: 
•  God’s Peace ~  
    “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you…Let not          your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)
•  God’s Power ~ 
    “Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might."
     (Ephesians 6:10)
•  God’s Presence ~ 
    “Lo, I am with you always, even until the very end of time."
     (Matthew 28:20)
•  God’s Promises ~ 
    “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your
     God. I will give you strength and I will help you.” 
     (Isaiah 40:10)

Do you ever feel like you are living in a pressure cooker? Are you dealing with pressures unimaginable, unthinkable, or unforgettable? Do the pressures of life feel like they are squeezing the life right out of you?  As I ponder on such pressures in our lives, I know that it is only when we release all of life’s pressures into God's hands can He work in our lives.  

Only when I meditate and savour God’s Word, can I find and receive the “spiritual” nourishment I need to help me cope with life’s daily pressures.  I am encouraged when I read, “We are troubled on every side; yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair” (II Corinthians 4:8).  If I did not have God’s promises to cling to, I would become faint of heart rather than having a contented heart and peace of mind.  I would see this time in my life like a dead-end rather than a doorway of opportunity. 

I know life will never be free of pressures, but I have learned it is only when I let go of my inner turmoil, due to my outward circumstances, can God give me the inner peace and outward contentment for my life.  It is only through the pressures of life, especially this past year, have I learned what the real purpose and priorities in my life are through much prayer and self-examination.

Therefore, as I thank God for the peace He has given me to face life’s daily pressures and the aftermath of breast cancer; it is my sincere prayer that you, too, can experience peace under pressure

May the Lord bless you, and keep you; May the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you; May the Lord turn His face toward you, and give you peace.” 
(Numbers 6:24-26)

God’s peace is far greater than the fear of life’s pressures.
~ By Bonita ~


   

No comments:

Post a Comment