Monday, November 7, 2016

Thirsty No More. . .

Only Jesus/Calvary's Love - Arrangement by Steve Green
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

I am often told when receiving a new medication to "drink plenty of water" as one of the side effects of the medication will often make me very parched.  Hence, with a glass in hand, I am regularly replenishing the water that my body needs so I am thirsty no more.

That being said, I have always found great comfort and solace being "beside" the water; not necessarily, "in" the water.  Consequently, when my husband and I, recently, moved to our new home that is beside the water, I have been truly blessed many a morning to observe its soothing beauty and calming majesty as the sun's rays sparkle and glisten from the water's waves.

Meanwhile, as I pursued the reference of "water" in the Bible, I learned it is actually mentioned 722 times and is often a metaphorical reference to "times of trouble" in our lives. However, there are also many references that pertain to Comfort, Consolation, and Compassion. Here are a few that I would like to share with you ~      
  
Psalm 23:2 – “He leadeth me 'beside' the still waters.”
God doesn't leave me to find the "still" waters on my own, but He Guides me.
God doesn't bring me to rough waters, but guides me to "calm" waters so He can Comfort me.
As my Shepherd, He, therefore, always takes Care of me.

Psalm 36:8-9 – “…Thou shalt make them drink of the 'river' of thy pleasures. For with thee is the 'fountain' of life…”
When we put our Confidence in God and are in constant Communion with God, then our lives shall be abundantly blessed with God’s over-flowing love for us as He sustains, restores, and purifies our lives.

Psalm 110:7 – “He shall drink of the brook in the way; therefore shall he 'lift up' the head.”
God grace and power will always provide us with His comfort and consolation in our times of distress, when we put our ‘trust’ in Him.

I know all of this to be true, because when I daily “drink of theLiving ’ water that only Jesus can give to me, I am never thirsty; for the water that Jesus has given to me and is in me is a well of water that springs up into everlasting life.” John 4:14

So, if you are still Thirsty in your life, I encourage you to accept Jesus into your life so that He can fulfill His promise to you that you will thirst no more for only He can satisfy your soul!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Bonita. Reminds me of the quote you shared about Jesus calming the storm OR calming us in and through them. Blessed by your calming description of The Living Water that brings refreshment to a weary soul! May God's presence cover you this week and bring you deep refreshment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our church has a huge stained glass window of the woman at the well with Jesus. Thank you for the lesson Bonita, I'm encouraged by it. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete