Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Gift. . .

(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

I cannot begin to express the countless blessings God continues giving me over and over and over again as I praise Him for the “Gift” of my cancer! Yes, you read that correctly ~ the “Gift”! 

God has marvelously and wonderfully made His Will very transparent to me as I embrace each day I am blessed with, since initially being diagnosed with cancer in 2013, and now living with Stage IV breast cancer as diagnosed earlier this spring. 

If I were to be asked, “If you only had one book in the Bible to read, what would it be?” Without a doubt, it would be the Book of Psalms, which captures all the blessings God bestows on me daily. For it is within the Book of Psalms my life is sustained with His:

Purpose ~
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:13

Path ~
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Peace ~
I will both lay down in peace and sleep; for thou Lord, only makes me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

Perspective ~
Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I….Nevertheless, I am continually with thee; thou has hold of me by my right hand. . .Gods is the strength of my heart and my portion forever…it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God that I may declare all thy works. Psalm 73:17, 23, 26, 28

Plans ~
The LORD will work out his plans for my life,  for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Psalm 138:8

Thou compassest my path and my lying down and art acquainted with all my ways. Psalm 139:2, 3 

Power ~
The Lord is the strength of my life. Psalm 27:1

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

My comfort in my suffering is this: your promise preserves my life.  Psalm 119:50

Presence ~
The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart. Psalm 34:18

God is our refuge and our strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 

How precious also are thy thoughts of me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more than the sand; when I awake, I am still with thee. Psalm 139:18
   
Preservation  ~
This is my comfort in my sufferings, Your promises preserve my life. Psalm 119:50  

The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in  from this time forth, and even for evermore. Psalm 121:8

Promises ~
Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God. Psalm 43:5

Bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not His benefits: who forgives all thy sins and healeth all my my diseases., who redeemed my life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies, who satisfies my mouth with good things so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Psalm 103:2-5 

Nevertheless, my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. Psalm 89:33 

Provision ~
I am reminded, “How precious also are thy thoughts of me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. Psalm 139:17 

And so, I share His Gift with you ~

Grace
Inspiration

Faithfulness

Trust

For God does not send us trials 
to "impair" us but to "improve" us!

In return, I can truly claim ~ 
"In His favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, 
but joy cometh in the morning." 
Psalm 30:5

8 comments:

  1. This is written so lovely Bonita, and with great insight into the Word of God. I shared your story, website and this lesson with my teenage girls Sunday School class this morning. They liked the lesson, and prayed for you after class. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Your beauty shines both inside and out. I have always believed that God's care of us, His pruning, shaping, watering and enriching the soil we grow in, produces beauty we cannot even fathom. I know I am blessed to be enriched and watered by the fertile soil of your beautiful God centered life. With love and prayers for you always, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has truly blessed me with you. You are an such an inspiration Bunnie! It's so clear to see God through you, you are truly a woman after God's heart. Thank you for letting God use you to bless me and others. With love and prayers for you always, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy for your continued love and support, and, most of all, friendship which means so much! God's Blessings of HIM "B" always with you!

      Delete
  5. Oh my.
    Psalms are my favorite too!
    Thank you for putting your love for Jesus here in such a beautiful way.
    I hope to meet you in Heaven one day.
    Love Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Robin for your words of encouragement and kindness. Yes, I have no doubt we will meet many "new" friends that God has brought into our lives here on earth and will finally meet in our heavenly home. God's blessings of H.I.M. be with you always and forever ~ In Christ's Love, Bonita

    ReplyDelete