Saturday, October 1, 2016

Dancing With Jesus. . .

Peaceful Moments ~ A compilation
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

“I am telling you, it is just wrong! I do not understand why your faith is as strong as it is, when your God is allowing you to suffer like this!” as I sit, quietly, listening to a dear lady, who has not, yet, experienced the joy of “our” Lord in her life. I wonder, “How would you reply?”

Even though I accepted Jesus into my life at the tender age of 10, and have received many blessings throughout my life from HIM, I will be the first to confess, I most certainly have stumbled, tripped, fallen, veered, and occasionally got lost for a while along the road of life, BUT my FAITH has NEVER wavered for I know He has always stood beside me, just waiting for me to grab His hand! 

I once read, ”Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday. There may be times, you might trust God too little, BUT you can never trust Him too much!” (Anonymous). St. Augustine also reminds us “Beware of despairing about yourself; as you are commanded to put your “trust” in God and not yourself.”

And so, as I know my days, possibly months, or maybe(?) a year or 2, draw nearer to an end on this earth, I ask myself….

“When is the time to trust?
Is it when all is calm, when waves the victor’s palm,
And life is one glad psalm of joy and praise?
“Nay, but the time to trust is when the waves are high,
When storm clouds fill the sky, and prayer is one long cry,
‘O, help and save.”

“When is the time to trust? Is it when friends are true,
Is it when comforts woo, and in all we say and do,
We meet but praise?
“Nay, but the time to trust is when we stand alone,
And summer birds have flown, and every prop is gone,
All else but God!

“When is the time to trust? Is it some future day
When you have tried your way, and learned to trust and pray,
By bitter woe?
“Nay, but the time to trust is in this moment’s need.
Poor broken, bruised reed. Poor trouble soul, make speed
To trust thy God!

“When is it time to trust? Is it when hopes beat high,
The sunshine guilds the sky, and joy and ecstasy
Fill all the heart?
“Nay, but the time to trust is when joy is fled,
When sorrow bows the head, and all is cold and dead,
All else but God.”
~ Author Unknown ~

As well, I ask myself, “How can I possibly “talk the walk,” if I don’t “walk the talk”; yes, even while living with a terminal illness, or whatever obstacle life throws in my way?”

And so, my answer to this dear, dear lady, and for you, who maybe reading this today, it is because I have put my FAITH and TRUST in HIM. . .

Dancing with Jesus
Through life’s story seas,
My steps in His steps,
I follow His lead.

Dancing with Jesus
My life in His hands,
I’ll trust Him forever
For He understands,
I am His and He is mine!

(I wrote this prayer based on Psalm 63:7-8, “I remember Thee upon my bed, and meditate on Thee in the night watches, Because Thou has been my help; therefore, in the shadow of Thy wings will I rejoice.)


When we keep our steps in His,
We will never mistep!
~ Bonita ~ 


2 comments:

  1. Bonita,
    I found your blog after reading your posts on ODB ~ all of which are a tremendous blessing. Your way of expressing God's Word is such an inspiration. May God continue to bless and use you as an instrument for His glory. Peace & Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister in Christ, I pray the Spirit will convey to you
    how much of a blessing you are to me. Iron sharpens iron.
    And I thank you Bonita.

    ReplyDelete