Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Recitals. . .

Will - Arrangement by Chad Lawson
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

This past week, with much thankfulness, I was blessed with the opportunity to be given another avenue for a new round of radiation treatment, specifically, for the metastatic bone cancer, which continues progresses in my lower back; in the hopes of providing much anticipated relief from the excruciating pain I have been living with these past few weeks.

One of the crucial requirements for the success of the treatment, during this process, however, is to not only lie perfectly “still” but be perfectly “aligned” for the radiation beams to hit the targeted area so that I not only receive better quality of life but potentially slow down the progression of the cancer in that immediate area. Although this form if radiation therapy will never provide a “cure”; we count our many blessings, and are grateful for the addition of this radiation therapy treatment that it is now effective in providing a well respite of chronic pain!

And so, subsequently, as I was meditating on Psalm 86, I could not help but reflect on the following recitations in which God has enlightened me with this past week as I earnestly seek and meditate God’s teachings in my life, particularly while reading the first 13 verses of this beautiful Psalm, allowing me to “Realign”, “Restore” and “Reciprocate” His enduring compassion and faithfulness in my life.

Charles H. Spurgeon, known as the “Prince of Preachers” in England during the 19th Century, commented, “This (prayer) deserves to be distinguished from the rest and known as ‘the prayer of David…,’It savours of David. The man of sincerity, of ardor, of trials, of faults, and of great heart, pleads, sobs, and trusts through all the verses of this psalm.”

RECITAL of REALIGNMENT:  Why I should pray?
1. Lord, I turn to You – because I need you; (v 1)
“Bow down thine ear, O Lord, hear me; for I am poor and needy.”

2. Lord, I come to You – because I need you; (v 3)
“Be merciful unto me, O Lord; for I cry unto thee daily.”

3. Lord, I depend on You – because I need you. (v 11)
“Teach me thy way, O Lord; so that I will walk in thy truth; and unite my heart to TRUST thy name.”

RECITAL of RESTORATION:  To Whom should I pray?
1. God, You alone, keep me safe; (v 2)
“Preserve my soul; O thou my God, save thy servant who trusts in thee.”

2. Lord, You alone, are almighty; (v 10)
“For thou are great and does wondrous works; thou art God alone.”

3. Lord, You alone, have delivered my heart and soul from the depths of despair. (v 13)
“For great is thy mercy toward me; thou has delivered my soul from the lowest.” 

RECITAL of RECIPROCATION:  How should I pray?
1. God, oh how I “Treasure” Your wisdom in my life completely; (v 2)
“Preserve my soul; O thou my God, save thy servant who trusts in thee.”

2. God, oh how I “Rejoice” in what You are doing in my life; (v 4)
“Rejoice the soul of thy servant; for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.”

3. God, oh how I “Uplift” You through my tears of trials for You are always by my side; (v 5)
“For thou Lord, art good, and ready to forgive, and plenteous in mercy unto all those who call upon thee.” 

4. God, oh how I “Seek” Your plans and purpose in my life, for You are my Sovereign, who I worship; (v 9)
“All nations, whom thou have made, shall come and worship before thee, O Lord, and shall glorify thy name.”

5. God, oh how I “Thank” You for Your ever-ending compassion; (v 12)
“I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify thy name for evermore.”


Lord, my God, my TRUST and FAITH
are with you and you alone
til the end of time, forever and always!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I mean Wow! I'll be printing this out. I LOVE the TRUST way to pray. This is lovely Bonita. I have others I'll share this with. Thank you. Praying for you as you go thorough this valley. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete