Monday, September 26, 2016

Willie's Wisdom. . .

Jesus The Very Thought of Thee - arrangement by M. Hicks
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

It never ceases to amaze me when watching our cat, Willie.  One moment our geriatric, furry, black and white butterball can be curled up sound asleep in his favourite comfy chair, while basking in the sunroom, then out of the blue, he can be seen running down the hallway as if he just saw a ghost, or being the great feline hunter as he pounces on his prey ~ his favourite toy!  Oh, the imagination of our pets. On another occasion, we will find him lying flat on his back with all four paws up in the air as he goes into his “aah,” meditation moment of being totally relaxed with not a care in the world! I have concluded, our feline pets have much more of an imagination than we may, perhaps, give them credit for and there are many lessons, I have concluded, we could learn from all our pets.  Embrace each day and just imagine the fun you can have!

Imagination is a wonderful gift we all possess from the day we were born.  It gives us dreams of aspirations, goals to strive for, and hopes of accomplishments and unknown possibilities. Unfortunately, however, as we become older and, supposedly, wiser from life’s years of experience, we can sometimes misplace the gift of our imagination like in the days of our youth when we thought we could be whatever we wanted to be or dream when nothing was impossible. I believe imagination is not only important for one’s overall well-being, but it is also a door of opportunity to Create, Hope, Rise, Inspire, Soar and Triumph (CHRIST).  

Looking always at a glass half-full rather than half-empty will ensure an attitude of gratitude that will only bring more fulfillment rather than depleting the blessings we already have in our lives. By knowing the presence, peace and power of CHRIST, we rise above and beyond our struggles; yes, even health challenges. It is by faith, hope and our acceptance of CHRIST in our lives that will inspire us to soar like an eagle and triumph over all trials and tribulations. When reading Philippians 4:13, it gives me encouragement, “I can do all things through CHRIST, who strengthens me.” 

Some may ask, “Do you expect your cancer to be cured?” Truthfully, “No; however, I do pray my cancer can be ‘controlled’ for as long as God has a plan and a purpose for my life!  We were never promised there would not be hardships and sufferings. Nevertheless, with God by my side, He continues to bless me with Gratitude, Resilience, Acceptance, Comfort and Endurance. In other words, CHRIST gives me GRACE each and every day that I could never have imagined without H.I.M. (Hope, Inspiration & Motivation)!  What do you imagine for your life?        

Just imagine if the birds never sung,
Just imagine if the fall never begun.
Just imagine if winter never turned blue,
Lord, just imagine if I never knew you!

God is FOR us ~ that is good;
God is WITH us ~ that is better;
God is IN us ~ that is best!
(Author Unknown)


1 comment: