Sunday, February 5, 2017

The Gift of Power. . .

Peace - Arrangement by David Baroni
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

How often do we find ourselves so absorbed in the "small" stuff of life that we have a tendency of forgetting what is really important in the larger picture?  Is it really possible to always have peace in ALL circumstances or will life’s trials and sufferings bring us down so far that we are too weak and left without any strength to carry on?    

Some days, it would be so easy to say, “yes”. For the chronic pain I experience daily, while living with cancer, is not only tiring but can also weaken one physically, mentally and spiritually.  However, when I read about the life of Apostle Paul who, too, had a thorn in his flesh throughout his life, he reminds us “but none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy” (Acts 20:24).  

Regardless of how heavy our burdens may weigh upon us or the losses we may suffer, God reminds us through His everlasting love that His “grace is sufficient for me: for His strength is made perfect in weakness” (II Corinthians 12:9).  However, it is only when we are completely in the still moments with God can He do His work in us so that we may feel His presence, His peace, and His power in our lives, once we have surrendered all our burdens to Him.            

No matter how tumultuous the sea may be or how strong the gales in our life can be, the pain we suffer can only be set free when we put our trust in Thee, dear Lord.  For it is only You, who can calm the sea with the command of your voice, so that ALL will have “Peace, and be still” (Mark 4:39).  One of the lessons I continually learn through my daily journey of living with cancer is I am kept humble, lest I should stumble; He gives me grace when I look upon His face; and I empowered when I lean on His:
                                                    Promises
                                                    Omnipotence
                                                    Wonder
                                                    Embrace
                                                    Refuge

And so my prayer for you today is that you may know God's comfort, know His strength, and know His POWER in your life.  You need not ever walk alone, but walk hand-in-hand with Him, who wants nothing less than the best for us who come to Him so that we may rest.

“Be strong in the Lord,
and in the POWER
of His might.”
Ephesians 6:10



2 comments:

  1. Good morning! Thank you for sharing this. In the midst of uncertainties, one may feel so weak and even a bit helpless and hopeless, but here we are reminded of all that is available to us through the ONE who is more than able. Thank you for the reminder of HIS power. I shamefully believe we get so ( I should say "ME") wrapped up in daily tasks and allow that to consume us that we don't take time to be still.......but then to walk in the footsteps of one who's health is challenged...Dear Bonita....I pray for God's provision to be upon you every day....that HE would provide and continue to provide miraculous healing daily to you. May you rest in affirmation of knowing you are so loved and appreciated!
    With Love and prayers,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bonita for leaving us with food for the soul if you will. I love the quote "Those who leave everything in God's hand will eventually see God's hand in everything". Utterly true yet rarely do we live life fully in this way. There are some areas in my life where "stillness" before God is needed. Your sharing reminds me how great is this need for solitude with God. Every single day can never be enough. God bless you with the sweetest, quietest and profoundly beautiful time alone with Him. Love you so . . . . . Mary

    ReplyDelete