Monday, August 12, 2013

Bathed in Blessings. . .

It Is Well With My Soul ~ Arrangement by David Baroni
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

There is not a part of my body that does not ache. Every step I take right now is an effort. I cannot do what I did a couples of days ago, the energy level just is not there. However, I will take one day at a time knowing I am nearing the half-way mark from this latest round of intense treatment. Chemo drugs are not kind to one’s body – but I will persevere knowing this too shall pass! Consequently, I look upon these times as the quiet moments when I can reflect on the many blessings that are a part of my life!  In times like these, I find great comfort when reading, "In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength."  Isaiah 30:15.  I do not ever recall when there has been a time in my life, even during my darkest hours, when I have not felt the presence of God. He is always with me, comforting me, strengthening me, encouraging me, and  blessing me with His ever-lasting love. For I know –   

He gives me comfort when I am in discomfort.
"I, even I, am He that comforteth you." (Isaiah 51:12)

He gives grace when I am in grief.
"My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

He gives me peace when I am in pain.
" Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you…Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

He gives me strength when I am weak.   
"He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength.” (Isaiah 40:29)

He gives me hope when I am weary.
"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD." (Psalm 31:24)

I am so very grateful for being bathed in the blessings of God’s promises. For I have learned that it is only by His love and grace can I truly experience, what Horatio Spafford wrote in the 19th century, while walking along the shores near Cardiff, Wales, after losing his four daughters at sea with only his wife surviving, it is well with my soul!


“When we put our cares in His hands, 
He puts His peace in our hearts” ~ Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bunnie! Every day we truly need to bathe in the Scriptures! Oh what cleansing is there. That our souls would feel that it is well. The Great Provider knows just what we need. May the peace that surpasses all understanding bless you this day Kind Lady! I appreciate all you do for the glory of The Lord! Thank you!
    Love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete