Monday, September 9, 2013

Sowing Seeds of Faith. . .

Great Is Thy Faithfulness ~ Arrangement by David Baroni
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.) 

As I was standing at the kitchen preparing dinner the other night, I was cleaning some freshly picked peppers for our garden salad. In doing so, I could not help but notice the cluster of tiny seeds contained in just one pepper. I always marvel at the fact that by just planting one tiny seed in the soil it brings forth a plant that reaps a harvest of multiple peppers. This reminds me of the many seeds we can choose to plant throughout our lives such as honesty, hope, humility, patience, perseverance, forgiveness, understanding, and faith. For everything in life begins with a seed. In Genesis 8:22 I read, “While the earth endures, seedtime and harvest…will not cease.” Where there is a time for planting seeds ~ there will be time for reaping the harvest. Where there is a time to scatter ~ there will be a time to gather. Where there is a time for tears ~ there will be a time for laughter. Where there is a time of giving ~ there will be time of receiving.

On the day that I was diagnosed with breast cancer, while lying on the examining table during the ultrasound biopsy procedure, through my tears one of my favourite verses immediately came to mind, in which Jesus says, “…If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you” (Matthew 17:20). At that moment, I knew my mountain was BIG, but all God asked of me that day was “If you are willing to just give me your small seed of faith and trust in Me, your mountain will be moved.” And so it was on the day of surgery ~ my mountain was moved! Subsequently, all imaging and all tests after surgery have indicated I am cancer free for which I dearly thank God daily! Hence, the current treatments I am now undergoing are what I call my ‘deluxe insurance plan.’ Since my initial diagnosis, I have had to face many mountains over these past few months, but by planting one seed of faith at a time, God has faithfully been there for me by giving me the peace, strength and endurance that I have needed to climb each mountain. Although God is the source for my seed of faith, I willingly had to plant that seed in the soil of prayer by trusting and believing that through His abundant resources, He would multiply it back to me by meeting my every need ~ and so He has over, and over, and over again. All God asks of us is to plant our seeds of faith, one seed at a time, one day at a time, knowing that He will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory (Philippians 4:19).

Hence, I have learned it is only when we sow our tears in the soil of prayer can we reap the joy of God’s blessings; knowing He will meet our every need so that we can experience the joy of His great faithfulness.


Seeds of Faith
Lord, as I plant my seeds of faith
in the fertile soil of prayer,
Please shower me with Your blessings
for I know that You do care.
~ By Bonita ~

“True faith sees the ‘invisible’,
believes the ‘incredible’,
and receives the ‘impossible’.”

~ Author Unknown ~



No comments:

Post a Comment