Monday, October 7, 2013

God's Wireless Connection. . .

My Faith Looks Up to Thee ~ Arrangement Unknown
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

It is unbelievable how in the past few years there has been such a tremendous advancement in the world of wireless communication. It does not matter where one goes, someone seems to have a mobile device of some sort in their hands at all times so they are available to connect instantly with someone else. I once read there are approximately two billion users worldwide using some form of wireless device. I find this amazing! It seems if you are not texting, tweeting, instant messaging, or using some other social media network 24/7 then you are definitely not up with the times. I cannot begin to tell you how many times my siblings and nieces have been trying to convince me to get with the times and be part of the text message phenomenon. And yet, I have been unable to convince myself what advantage it is for me, personally, to want to do that.

Fortunately, when I communicate with God, I don’t have to worry about topping up my cell phone’s airtime balance, recharging the battery, locating the misplaced device, wearing a Bluetooth in my ear to talk with Him while travelling in my vehicle, or using a Global Positioning System, aka GPS, to track Him down. No computer server, no satellite dish or transformer required, only the ability to meditate on God’s word as I read in Psalm 19:14, “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer” and pray to Him as I read, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand (Philippians 4:6-7). In other words, day or night, I am always linked to God’s wireless connection.

Although prayer and meditation have always been a part of my life, I cannot begin to describe the nearness I have felt with God these past few months more than ever before in my life! By praying and meditating on His Word daily, I am fully able to feel His compassion, loving presence, comfort, strength, and encouragement through these difficult days. As a result, I have a calmness to my soul, contentment and inner peace to my heart, and new hope for my tomorrows. Regardless of where my life’s journey may go or when it may end, I have learned that my true source for answers to any of life’s challenges and hardships is to stay connected to God knowing that as my faith looks up to Him, His strength will He impart on this fainting heart.


My Faith Looks Up to Thee
May faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine;
Now hear me when I pray,
Take all my sin away,
O let me from this day
Be wholly thine!

May thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou has died for me,
O may my love to Thee,
Pure, warm and change-less be
A living fire!

While life’s dark maze I tread
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray,
From thee aside.

When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll.
Blest Saviour, then, in love,
Fear and distrust remove,
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul. 
Author ~ Ray Palmer 

Prayer is the key of the morning 
and the bolt of the evening.
~ Mahatma Ghandi ~

No comments:

Post a Comment