Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Gift of Grace thru Grief. . .

Amazing Grace - Arrangement by Eric & Marcus Stanley 
Lyrics by John Newton (1725-1807)
(Please click for background music as you read this message of H.I.M.)

This time of year can be one of the happiest or, unfortunately, one of the saddest for many. Although, I am sure, many may like to have a “Currier & Ives” Christmas moment of having a horse-drawn sleigh-ride in the country or the sentiment of family gatherings sipping on eggnog, while singing Christmas carols around the Christmas tree, sadly we often see the quiet sufferings on the faces of those who may pass us every day as each of us go about our own separate way.

As I reflect upon this past year in my own life, it would be so easy for me to be melancholy and to grieve over the losses in my life, due to the deterioration of my health. However, if I chose to do that then I would deprive myself of the many gifts God has blessed me with, while living with Stage IV cancer; one of the greatest being the “Gift of Grace” through grief.

It is only through God’s “Gift of Grace” have I been able to overcome my grief with ~ Gratitude, Resilience, Acceptance, Courage and Encouragement; so that I can give Hope ~ Inspiration ~ Motivation (H.I.M.) to others. It is with the ~

“Grace of a grateful heart” that I am released of my spiritual pain, which could so easily bind me, but through much prayer heals me so I can become a sojourner (a crusader) for H.I.M. God is not only always near me when I am brokenhearted, but binds my wounds and rescues me.  For “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed. . .He heals the brokenhearted and binds their wounds” (Psalm 34:18 & Psalm 147:3). He has blessed me with the encouragement and compassion of others so many times this past year. Little do they know how often they have uplifted my spirits through the power of their prayers. I am so very thankful;

“Grace of resilience” that I not only have the assurance and comfort from God, but believe He has a purpose and plan in my life, and has given me eternal life when I read, “Blessed are the poor in spirit; for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:3). Consequently, I can gladly say, “This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24) and “Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I entrust my life” (Psalm 143:8);  

“Grace of acceptance” that I have the courage, hope and peace in my heart knowing my strength and hope comes only from the Lord ~ “Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all who hope in the Lord” (Psalm 31:24). My faith is like an elevator that carries my trust in Him higher and higher as He reminds me again, ”Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, do not be discouraged; for the Lord thy God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9). Therefore, “Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving…” (Psalm 147:7). God does not send trials in our life to “impair” us, BUT to “inspire” us. “O, give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy endureth forever" (Psalm 136:1);

“Grace of courage” that I have the confidence in sharing my journey with others so they may also be blessed and encouraged through grief. Courage is not simply a practice in my life, but is my way of life. It is by being sustained with the strength of the Lord in my life that I believe,"I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13);

“Grace of encouragement” that I have not only been blessed by God’s promises and comfort, while meditating on His Word, but I yearn to encourage others. By investing myself in the lives of others, God has shown me His purpose for my life as I live by His promises. It has allowed me to live beyond my fears by my deepening faith in His great faithfulness. For I believe, “The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new  every morning; great is Your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23)  

And so, it is my earnest prayer that you may know God’s “Gift of Grace” through your grief because of His Amazing Grace through His son, Jesus Christ.

"For unto us a child is born,
unto us a son is given;
and the government shall be
upon his shoulder;
and His name shall be called
Wonderful, Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6 


3 comments:

  1. It always amazes me how much you inspire me and what a true gift you are from God. God has blessed my life so much through you, and you are truly a treasure from Heaven. I love you so much and thank you for letting God use you in this way and touching my life with the radiance of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Sweet Lady! Blessings to you for you have truly blessed others with you courage, your inspiring words, your insights into God's word, your life and your walk with HIM! Thank you. I draw closer to THE Lord in reading your posts because I am able to see HIS hand upon your life and able to feel the warmth of your love for HIM. You are a beautiful example and in reading the Bible about Paul...you too don't allow anything to be taken from HIM but you give all honor and glory to HIM and you inspire others to be able to see how important it is to keep relying on God's strength and not our own. May the Lord continue to restore and strengthen you each and every day.
    With much love and prayer
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautifully written. Your God inspired words flow like silk, encouraging every single person who reads this. Your testimony through this cancer is a reflection on how firmly your faith in God is rooted. You are a light in a world of darkness. I am praying for you. Love Abby

    ReplyDelete