Monday, January 2, 2017

God's Gift. . .

I Will Always Love You - Arrangement by John Tesh
(Please click for background music as you read about H.I.M.)

I find it fascinating when I think what it takes to make a day ~ 86,400 seconds, 1,440 minutes or 24 hours!  Now, imagine if we take those same figures and multiple it for a year. We know there are 365 days in a year, which results in 31,536,000 seconds, 525,600 minutes or 8,760 hours!

We know yesterday is “history” and tomorrow is a “mystery”; hence, we call today the “present”; the period of time, which is now occurring. However, we also know it truly is a “present” from our Creator; God’s gift to us!  

Today is a present beyond all presents, which gives us the Gift of:


Second chances – Regardless of what I may or may not have accomplished previously, today gives me a “second chance” to start again, continue chasing after my dreams, finishing life’s goals already begun, while planning new ones, and letting go of regrets.

Though setbacks can sometimes deter us; alternatively, the gift of the present inspires us to stay calm, persevere and carry on so we can find joy in our lives and never give up hope.    

“…weeping may endure for the night, BUT joy cometh in the morning” (Psalm 30:5)


Opportunity – Although we cannot bring back yesterday and there is no certainty for a tomorrow, the gift of the present gives new opportunities.  It is by the renewing of my spirit day-by-day that gives me optimism and confidence allowing me to stay focused, be passionate about my purpose in life, while encouraging and sharing H.I.M. with others, and never lose sight of God’s will in my life.



"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, 
our inner self is being renewed day by day.” 
(II Corinthians 4:16)



New beginnings – Each day God continues giving me the gift of life of which I am so very grateful. In return, my gift to Him is what I do with my life for Him. There is not a moment in my life that I take for granted, but I do savour every moment. I have experienced much sorrow this past year, but I am thankful I have been able to turn my burdens into blessings, my tears into triumph and my sorrow into a song of praise and thanksgiving for living.  

       
“This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24)  

However, God’s greatest gift of all is His SON, Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for our sins so we may have eternal life and the gift of salvation. By this gift, we receive God’s presence, His ever-lasting love and grace. 

“For by grace are we saved through faith; 
and that not of yourselves;
it is the Gift of God.” 
(Ephesians 2:8)

And so, my gift to you is my prayer that you, too, know God’s SON, and you will embrace each moment of today with a heart full of praise and gratitude.

Life is fragile ~ please handle
    with care and much prayer.    




4 comments:

  1. Oh Dearest Bonita,
    This is so encouraging! Thank you! We have a tendency to allow our focus to be any where but where it should be. This helps to brings me back to a place where I am to be. I am going to print out several copies of this ( I hope you do not mind) and place them throughout my home that I may be reminded to place my thoughts and cares, my hopes and dreams and my worries and concerns, with the presence of God! And may I give unto HIM each and every day....not just once throughout the day but often. And may God continue to bless you with healing and restoration. May also, you be blessed with strength and energy to carry on each and every day the tasks The Lord has in mind for you. Thank you for the blessing of the love you show for God our Father!
    In much love and care,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these deep insights into God's word. You have a gift for writing, and are encouraging many. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear friend. This is so lovely! Thankful for the sharing of your life lived with eyes open to faith, trust and hope in God alone! All my love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest friend,
    Thanks for sharing this with us. I trust the good Lord will visit you and wipe away every tear you have shed. Many people in the world are dying and need to hear the truth. I pray may we live our lives in the revelation of eternity. Remain blessed dear sister.

    ReplyDelete